Sunday, March 17, 2013

Taking My Virtual Shop into the Real World

I've taken a break from the count-down to Earth Day to try to move my jewelry business forward.

Today I met with Janis, one of the curators (for lack of a better word) of the shop, The Funky Caravan in Colorado Springs.  We hit it off immediately.  She loved my stuff!  I brought 45 pieces with me, almost my entire inventory.  The only things I didn't bring were early items I wanted to rework and some wool items more appropriate for Fall and Winter.  She took it all!  It's on consignment, but she is very confident it will move quickly.

The shop sits on Colorado Avenue in Old Colorado City, a national historic district now home to shops and restaurants.  There is abundant foot traffic and because of its proximity to the famous Broadmoor Hotel, it attracts wealthy tourists during warm weather.

This opportunity is fairy tale perfect!  Janis believes they will be able to sell my stuff as fast as I can make it.  So now I have to decide whether it will be worth my while to keep my virtual shop open.  I love the community on Etsy.  It's been a great learning experience, but the computer part of running my shop is so time consuming!  I have lots to think about this week.





No comments:

Post a Comment